EBM Sponsors local team kit:
EBM sponsors local team kit, EBM are proud to be sponsoring Hatfield Peverel Youth Jets under15’s football team
Hatfield Peverel Football Clubs amazing history:
Formed in 1903-04, Hatfield Peverel Football Club was first based at “The Duke of Wellington”, where they had their ground and dressing rooms. Playing friendlies in their formative years, the club had a membership of forty and wore colours of light and dark blue. They were soon to join the North Essex League, enjoying a spell in that league before the First World War.
After the war, in season 1920-21, they joined the Chelmsford & District League, and were runners-up in Division 2 North in their first season. They entered a reserve side in the Kelvedon & District League the following season, but only fielded one team, playing in the latter league in 1922-23, under the name of Hatfield Wellingtons.
Hatfield Peverel returned to the Chelmsford league the next season, and during the remainder of the 20’s, played behind Shepherd’s Cottage in Priory Park, Church Road, before moving onto a ground in The Street, opposite Station Road, kindly donated by Mr. Nigel De Mandeville Bond, of Springfield House, in 1926.
The club played in the Chelmsford League for most of the 30’s, winning their first title in that league when they topped Division 3 West in 1938-39, the season before World War Two.
The Recreation Ground, in Maldon Road, was given to the village by the Strutt family in 1936, and the football club moved there, complete with basic changing rooms affectionately known as ‘the shed’. To find out more about the history or even supporting the teams click here.
Likewise where the Jets have moved to Hatfield Peverel, EBM also have moved to larger premises to allow for more expansion and future success.