A server is designed to host services for other computers on your network. It is an essential part of a business that provides a place to host your website and other programs that staff use on a day-to-day basis. Every business has two options regarding their servers; Dedicated (i.e. on site) and Cloud (i.e. virtual). So, what are the benefits?
On Site Servers
Dedicated servers are specific for one client and can cope with consistent business demands. Business owners have access to a physical server with customised specifications, processing and storage, all in one unit.
The main operational benefits include:
- They store large chunks of data for your users meaning each PC will have more processing power.
- Since the server is based on site you don’t run the risk of instability based on other users, it is entirely yours to do what you want with.
- You’ll also have more memory available specifically for your website which results in better loading times.
Cloud servers on the other hand are virtual, so there is simple configuration and fast deployment. Plus, the scalability of cloud servers is limitless meaning it is well suited to fast-growing businesses.
Other key benefits of cloud servers include:
- There are no maintenance costs for an onsite server. For example, you do not need a dedicated space with air con to run a cloud server.
- Once data goes into the cloud a copy is immediately made, so that if the worst were to happen information can be retrieved easily.
- Data stored in the cloud is also accessible from any device or operating system, meaning its ideal for flexible working arrangements. The only condition is that you need to be connected to the internet.
What’s best for your business?
The consultants at EBM Managed Services assess your business needs and provide tailored solutions. We create and implement simple IT infrastructure that will support business growth and the way you like to work. This means you can reap the benefits of dedicated hosting or cloud hosting without the need to research and set up by yourself.
We strongly believe in IT without the jargon. When you purchase an IT bundle from us you get a responsive help desk, an initial IT health check, daily backups and proactive system monitoring. The consultants at EBM Managed Services assess your business needs and provide tailored solutions. We create and implement simple IT infrastructure that will support business growth and the way you like to work. This means you can reap the benefits of dedicated hosting or cloud hosting without the need to research and set up by yourself.
Sound good? Get in touch!
Call EBM Managed Services on 01376 512 575 to talk with one of our dedicated team.